AVERAGE 4.9 STARS OUT OF 5 IN REVIEWS FROM SCHOOLS
The Outdoors People had an outstanding 2017 and are looking forward to a new season of adventures and possibilities.
We are committed to being transparent, so here's what our customers had to say about us in 2017:
The Headline Numbers
- The Outdoors People worked with 19 schools in 2017.
- All of those schools were given an opportunity to complete a post-camp feedback form and 10 of them chose to do so.
- All of them said they would book a camp with us again.
- Nine of them rated their camping experience overall as "excellent" (5 out of 5)
- One of them rated their camping experience overall as "good" (4 out of 5)
- Average overall camping experience: 4.9 out of 5.
- Taken across all categories, our average score was 4.88 out of 5.
- As of January 2018, 80% of the schools we worked with in 2017, have booked another camp with us.
- As is indicated by our scores above, we were very pleased to see that our schools really enjoyed our camps and didn't have many criticisms.
- Some schools would like to see us having more options for activities. We're currently designing a new activity for 2018 which we hope will become one of our core bushcraft challenges and we intend to add two more by 2019. We also now offer archery on our camps through a qualified external provider.
- Some of our schools had originally booked their camps with another company linked to us that went out of business. They were all very glad that The Outdoors People had been able to step in and protect the value of their deposits but some were understandably disappointed that we hadn't been able to offer them their original camp dates in all cases.
A Selection Of The Many Positive Comments
- "All the staff members were outstanding, the camp was fully inclusive for all children. I felt it was really good practice that at key-points the lead member of our staff was asked for feedback on the camp and asked if they would like anything done differently - there was nothing to change but it is always good to ask!"
- "We now have a waiting list for next years camp! We were delighted that 4 of our children who suffer from anxiety participated and were supported throughout. In fact, they felt so secure it wasn't obvious they had anxiety. A wonderful experience was had by all!"
- "Thank you for taking up the camping trip it was wonderful to work with you again."
- "Great staff, nothing was too much trouble. A brilliant mix of educational and fun activities. The children had no idea they were learning."
- "The children were all engaged in the activities and the delivery was excellent"
- "The activities were chosen based on past experience of them, and they completely met with expectations. The children were always engaged and have only had good things to say about the occasion."
- "The learning experience for every child was fantastic and the intended learning outcomes and more were achieved!"
- "The children had no idea they were learning and have since gone on to apply their new learning to different scenarios"
- "Excellent, engaging, exhausting!"
The Numbers in Detail
- Administration and Booking: 4.86 out of 5.
- Our Staff Team: 4.9 out of 5.
- Camp Programme and Activities: 4.9 out of 5.
- Learning Outcomes: 4.9 out of 5.
- Overall Camping Experience: 4.9 out of 5.
- Value for Money: 4.8 out of 5.
- 100% would book a camp with us again.
As evidenced by the comments above, The Outdoors People have managed to continue to deliver outstanding camps to our schools for very low prices. Going into 2018, we haven't needed to increase the amount we charge but are very pleased to have been able to increase the amount we pay our amazing staff team.
Beyond the risks of Brexit, we have no concerns going forward and look forward to delivering our outstanding camps for many years to come.
Thank you to all the schools and companies that we worked with over the last year and we're looking forward to working with nearly all of you again in 2018. Extra thanks to those who took the time to complete our feedback form, it really means a lot to us!
I can't thank our outstanding staff team enough. Without the amazing effort you all put into our camps, they just wouldn't be possible. The wonderful comments and scores detailed above, are far more a reflection on all of you than they are on me. You're all the best and I'm really excited to work with you all again this year.
Craig Geddes - Company Director - The Outdoors People